Melanoma Institute Australia (MIA) offers a full-time Fellowship position in Dermatology.
Fellowships commence in February each year and are for one year in duration. The position provides a unique opportunity for the right individual to obtain training in the diagnosis and treatment of challenging pigmented lesions and melanoma, as well as cutaneous immuno-oncology in a multi-disciplinary, clinical and translational research environment. MIA is an independent, non-profit organisation located in North Sydney (NSW, Australia). The Institute is formally affiliated with the University of Sydney.
- Join a world class organisation in the provision of melanoma care, research and education
- Opportunity to participate in world-leading clinical research
- A dynamic environment in a recognised centre of excellence
The position involves:
– Training in advanced non-invasive imaging techniques for pigmented lesions, including confocal microscopy, optical coherence tomography, advanced dermoscopy, 3D total body photography.
– Co-ordination of high-risk clinics for patients at high and extreme-high risk of primary cutaneous melanoma
– Participation in outpatient multidisciplinary melanoma care
– Clinico-pathological correlation
– Strong involvement in clinical research programs
Fellows are required to participate in the academic activities of the Institute, including conducting research projects for presentation at a major international conferences and publication in high-ranking journals. Opportunity for part-time postgraduate study for a Masters, as is the potential to transfer after completion of the fellowship into a full-time PhD at the University of Sydney.
Essential criteria include:
– Hold fellowship of the Australian College of Dermatologists (FACD) of equivalent
– Be eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
To register your interest in a fellowship, please send us an email using the link below.
Please include the following:
- curriculum vitae
- cover letter highlighting why you want to become an MIA Melanoma Fellow
- proof of specialist qualification
- current medical registration/licensing
- medical indemnity
- contact details of three referees
We pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which Melanoma Institute Australia works, and their Elders both past and present, and acknowledge the deep, continuing connection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to the land, waters, and sky.