Melanoma Institute Australia (MIA) offers a full-time Fellowship position in Dermatology.
Fellowships commence in February each year and are for one year in duration. The position provides a unique opportunity for the right individual to obtain training in the diagnosis and treatment of challenging pigmented lesions and melanoma, as well as cutaneous immuno-oncology in a multi-disciplinary, clinical and translational research environment. MIA is an independent, non-profit organisation located in North Sydney (NSW, Australia). The Institute is formally affiliated with the University of Sydney.
- Join a world class organisation in the provision of melanoma care, research and education
- Opportunity to participate in world-leading clinical research
- A dynamic environment in a recognised centre of excellence
The position involves:
– Training in advanced non-invasive imaging techniques for pigmented lesions, including confocal microscopy, optical coherence tomography, advanced dermoscopy, 3D total body photography.
– Co-ordination of high-risk clinics for patients at high and extreme-high risk of primary cutaneous melanoma
– Participation in outpatient multidisciplinary melanoma care
– Clinico-pathological correlation
– Strong involvement in clinical research programs
Fellows are required to participate in the academic activities of the Institute, including conducting research projects for presentation at a major international conferences and publication in high-ranking journals. Opportunity for part-time postgraduate study for a Masters, as is the potential to transfer after completion of the fellowship into a full-time PhD at the University of Sydney.
Essential criteria include:
– Hold fellowship of the Australian College of Dermatologists (FACD) of equivalent
– Be eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)