Selected secondary schools have been invited to participate in the SunSafe Student Ambassador Program. The comprehensive one-day program trains representative students in the importance of sun safety and how to deliver an engaging presentation. The students then go back to their schools and, using the skills they have learned, deliver a sun safety presentation to their peers.
The program is designed to meet learning outcomes for Years 8 and 9 PDHPE curriculum.
Students (and their accompanying teachers) learn about:
• What is melanoma and why should I care?
• Preventing melanoma and what I can do about it
• Presentation Skills: 101
Students also develop their public speaking skills through a workshop where they craft their personalised sun safe presentation which they then deliver to their peers at school.
Selection criteria for student representatives:
• Students must be nominated by their school.
• We are looking for 2-3 confident, well-spoken students from each school in Years 8 or 9.
• Students must be willing to present to their grade before the end of the school year.