MIA continues to be a world-leader in developing, leading and running clinical trials that provide breakthrough treatments for melanoma. Clinical trials are a crucial part of the research undertaken at MIA.
All our patients have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials, and by doing so, become part of the concerted research effort to develop treatments which will ultimately save all lives from the disease.
Clinical trials are coordinated from The Poche Centre in Wollstonecraft and conducted at locations throughout our network.
Download our Clinical Trial brochure to find out more about clinical trials.
How to Refer a patient for a Clinical Trial
To refer a patient to MIA for consideration of clinical trial treatment, please complete a referral letter and attach all relevant history and diagnostic information. To facilitate prompt and accurate triaging, please include the following:
• A clinical trial consideration request
• Medical history – including previous cancer treatment or current immunosuppression (if applicable)
• Most recent imaging and blood test results
• Histopathology results
• Molecular pathology results (if performed)
• Contact details of referring cancer specialist (email and phone)
Please email to Maria Gonzalez: Maria.Gonzalez@melanoma.org.au
For all Clinical Trail referral related enquiries please contact:
Head of Clinical Trials
Phone: 9911 7300